With winter here, we are opening up the closet and dusting off our boots. With so many different shades, fabrics and types it may seem a daunting task to care for them without damaging or having to say goodbye due to wear and tear.
Plush shoe care products will help you maintain the look of your boots and keep them protected against daily damage and the elements.
Here are a few tips for keeping your boots protected before and after you wear them:
• When you are not wearing your boots, always fill them with paper before storing. This will prevent them from bending and creasing.
• Avoid placing heavy items on top of boots so that they can keep their form.
• Once out of storage, place your boots in the sun to air them out. Suede boots require a good brush over before use – Plush’s Suede and Nubuck Combi brush is perfect for this.
• Before applying any cream or polish to your boots, determine what type of leather they are made from. Women’s boots are usually made with finished leather (has a protective outer seal).
• Try to remove accumulated dirt at the end of every day. Dirt and mud that’s left alone for a prolonged time assists in the deterioration of leather. Plush Leather Cleaner and Plush Suede Cleaner not only cleans leather and suede, it softens too.
• Use Plush Leather Renew to revive the colour of your leather boots and Plush Suede & Nubuck Renew to bring back the colour of your suede boots.
• Your boots need protection against water damage and Plush Protector is ideal for protecting your boots against water, oil and stains.